Memorial Day weekend in Houston is upon us, and you’re probably looking for some things to do, sights to see, and discounts to get. Unless you’re reading this after Memorial Day weekend in Houston. In that case… sorry, not sorry.
Either way, let’s dive into Memorial Day weekend, Houston style.
Memorial Day parades and events in Houston
Houston rarely has a shortage of things to do, and Memorial Day weekend in Houston is no exception. Take a look at some of the Memorial Day parades and events happening in Houston:
- Memorial Day Ceremony at Sugar Land Memorial Park
- Memorial Day Lantern Lighting at The Boardwalk Towne Lake
- Stars & Stripes at The Lawn at Memorial City
- Wreath Laying with Helping a Hero
- Memorial Day Party at Showtime Bar and Lounge
- Zeeland’s Memorial Day Parade at Zeeland Cemetery
- Memorial Day Ceremony at Houston National Cemetery
- Memorial Day Brunch at Weights and Measures
- City of Friendswood Memorial Day Celebration
- Memorial Day Bash at Bellaire Town Square
Memorial Day weekend getaways in Texas
We get it. You’re in Houston every day — eating, working, breathing, sleeping. So why not breathe somewhere else on Memorial Day weekend? Here’s a quick list of some fun events happening on Memorial Day weekend around Texas:
- Trapped in the 90’s Memorial Day Weekend Edition (Foundation Room Dallas)
- Hot Luck food and music festival (Austin)
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival (Waxahachie)
DWI & sobriety checkpoints in Houston
Checkpoints are legal in the great city of Houston, and unless you’re tipped off by someone, you can’t exactly avoid them; if you see an upcoming checkpoint and turn around, you’ll most likely be followed by an officer.
So if you’re thinking about observing Memorial Day by emptying out the beer fridge, here are a few resources to check out before you start drinking and driving this holiday weekend:
- What is the difference between DUI and DWI in Texas?
- How to sponge away your bad decisions with DWI expungement in Texas
- DWI alcohol levels in Texas
- How much will a DWI cost in Texas?
- Why you can’t swipe left on your responsibilities for DWI probation
Remember those who have fallen — but don’t fall in the process
Memorial Day weekend in Houston can be a whole lot of fun so long as you don’t allow things to get out of control. Enjoy the weekend with family and friends and remember those who have fallen — just don’t forget to take care of yourself.
Drinking and driving is a key area of focus for law enforcement on holiday weekends. So if you plan to drink, make sure you have a designated driver or a ride-sharing app downloaded on your phone.
We all know that no amount of drinking is worth having a DWI in Texas on your record, but DWIs can still happen to the best of us. If you do find yourself in hot water this Memorial Day weekend in Houston, let us fight for you. Call Thiessen Law Firm at (713)-864-9000 and experience working with some of the best DWI defense attorneys in Houston.
- Texas DWI in a Parked Car
- Can you get a DWI on a Bike?
- Workers’ Comp and Child Support
- Suing for Negligence in a Car Accident
- Drunk Passenger DWI’s: Are They Possible?