Galveston County DWI Lawyers, Criminal Lawyers, and Family Lawyers
Galveston County is crawling with cruisers looking to pick you up after a day of margaritas at the beach or beers on the pier. Whether you got picked under the suspicion of DWI or booked for a possession charge, you don’t want to navigate the Texas court system alone, and you don’t want to wait to begin building your defense.
If you need a Galveston County DWI lawyer or a Galveston County criminal lawyer of any kind, you need to call Thiessen Law Firm for representation.
The difference at Thiessen Law Firm is that when we take a case, we intend to win it. There are plenty of Galveston County DWI lawyers out there who will happily take your case — but how many of them will take that case to trial, fight for your rights in front of a judge or jury, and win?
Our award-winning team of trial attorneys is led by Mark Thiessen, a quadruple board-certified trial lawyer who made his name making miracles happen in complex cases. If you or a loved one is staring down a must-win case, call Thiessen Law Firm at (713) 864-9000 or contact us online today. Your future is worth the fight.
Mark Thiessen’s board certifications include:
- Criminal Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- DUI Defense by the National College for DUI Defense as approved through the American Bar Association
- DUI Law by the DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Board Certified Advocate Criminal Trial Law by the NBTA Foundation
Galveston County DWI lawyers
Thiessen Law Firm has won 100+ Not Guilty Verdicts for our clients, and gotten 1000s of cases dismissed. If you’ve got a DWI charge in Texas and you cannot afford to be convicted, you need to call Mark Thiessen and the team of Galveston County DWI lawyers at Thiessen Law Firm.
Below is a brief DWI FAQ for those facing DWI charges in Galveston County. You can read the full FAQ on our website here: DWI FAQ with DWI expert Mark Thiessen.
What is the penalty for DWI in Galveston County?
Below is a breakdown of DWI penalties in Texas:
- First-offense DWIs with no aggravating factors are charged as class B misdemeanors and carry a maximum fine of $2,000 as well as a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail.
- Second-offense DWIs with no aggravating factors are charged as class A misdemeanors, and carry a maximum fine of $4,000 as well as a maximum sentence of one year in jail.
- DWIs with child passengers are charged as state jail felonies and carry a maximum fine of $10,000 as well as a maximum sentence of two years in jail.
- Third-offense DWIs, fourth-offense DWIs, and intoxication assault offenses are charged as third-degree felonies and carry a maximum fine of $4,000 as well as a maximum sentence of ten years in jail.
- Intoxication manslaughter offenses are charged as second-degree felonies, and carry a maximum fine of $10,000 as well as a maximum sentence of twenty years in jail.
Do I need a lawyer for a DWI in Texas?
You need a DWI lawyer in Texas if you want to actually win your case. If you want to win, don’t even think about representing yourself, and hire the best DWI attorney you can find.
If you’re resigned to paying the fines, serving the jail sentence, and not trying to beat the charge and defend your freedom, then feel free to not hire a lawyer to represent you. If you don’t want to go to jail and want to protect your freedom and your family, then call Thiessen Law Firm today.
How do you win a DWI case in Texas?
Depending on the circumstances of your arrest, your attorney may use any of the following methods to beat your DWI case:
- Argue that the officers made an illegal stop, one that infringed upon your freedoms, and therefore nullify evidence from the stop.
- Argue that the blood alcohol test was inaccurate. Breath tests are not a perfect science and the police rarely follow instructions perfectly. Inaccurate breath tests are about as common as DWI arrests.
- Look for errors in the case. Speaking of the police not following instructions, there are often errors in police work, or evidence that hurts their case, to be found in DWI arrests.
For a more complete writeup on how attorneys win DWI cases, continue reading here: How to beat a DWI case in Texas
Galveston County criminal lawyers
If you’re looking for a Houston criminal defense attorney, Thiessen Law Firm should be your first stop. The decorated Galveston County criminal lawyers at Thiessen take the following types of cases:
- Aggravated robbery
- Assault, aggravated assault
- Assault family violence
- Drug crimes
- Possession with intent to distribute
- Vehicular manslaughter
- Weapons charges
Our team of criminal defense attorneys has been going to trial and turning complex felony charges into Not Guilty verdicts for years. If you or a loved one is facing a criminal charge in Galveston County, call the trial attorneys at Thiessen Law Firm and ask them to come to your defense.
Galveston County personal injury attorneys
Thiessen Law Firm also features a team of experienced and aggressive civil attorneys, including experienced personal injury attorneys who are ready to fight for you. If you’re looking for a Houston car accident lawyer, we can represent your best interests in trial and help get you what you deserve. Our personal injury attorneys take the following cases:
- Auto accident and truck accident cases
- Workplace injury cases
- Industrial accidents
- Oil rig accidents
- Plant explosions
- Medical malpractice
- Defective or unsafe product
- Catastrophic injury cases
- Traumatic brain injury cases
- Wrongful death cases
- Dram shop claims
- DWI related accidents and deaths
- And more
If you or a loved one has suffered at the expense of another party’s negligence, call Thiessen Law Firm today and ask us to fight for you!
Galveston County family lawyers
Our team of family law attorneys in Houston is led by Taly Thiessen, an award-winning family lawyer who is both a compassionate advocate for your family and an aggressive trial lawyer. Taly and the Galveston family lawyers at Thiessen take the following types of cases:
- Property division
- Child custody
- Child support and spousal support cases
- Father’s rights cases
- And more
Call Taly Thiessen today if you and your family need a fierce advocate who will see you through the minefield of a civil case. Take the time you need for your family, and let us handle the rest.