Chris Denuna is a criminal trial lawyer that was born in New Orleans, Louisiana. After 3 ½ years with Trichter & Murphy, P.C., he was recruited by the Thiessen Law Firm.
He received a Bachelor’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro while on a soccer scholarship as a Division I student-athlete. He then attended Charlotte School of Law in Charlotte, North Carolina, and was awarded his Juris Doctorate in 2014. While attending Charlotte School of Law, he was named to the Dean’s List in 2013 and 2014, participated on the Charlotte School of Law Moot Court and Mock Trial teams, received the CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Trial Practice, graduated with honors from the selective Charlotte School of Law Advanced Criminal Advocacy Program, and accumulated over 340 hours of pro bono service.
He was hired as a law clerk at Trichter & Murphy, PC, in the summer of 2013. After serving as a law clerk for two consecutive summers, he was admitted to practice in the state of Texas in 2014. He is a member of the National College of DUI Defense, DUI Defense Lawyers Association, American Bar Association, Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Houston Bar Association, and the Texas Young Lawyers Association.
In 2018, Chris was recognized by the American Academy of Attorneys as one of the Top 40 Under 40 and a Rising Star by the American Institute of Legal Advocates. He frequently practices in Harris County, Montgomery, Fort Bend, Galveston, Liberty, Waller, Brazoria, Bell, Washington, Dallas, Bexar, Travis, and pretty much anywhere you need him in the State of Texas.
He prides himself in learning first hand as an associate attorney of some of the foremost legal authorities in Texas DUI/DWI Defense: Mark Thiessen, Doug Murphy, Gary Trichter, and Joseph LaBella. He will aggres sively, passionately, and relentlessly fight for his clients.
For the aggressive defense counsel you need, call Mr. DeNuna at (713) 864-9000.
Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, NC
- Juris Doctorate, May 20014
- GPA – Top Third
- Activities: Student Bar Association, Intramural Football, Mock Trial, Moot Court, Criminal Law Society, Advanced Criminal Advocacy Program
- 2013 South Texas Mock Trial Challenge, Semi-finalist
- 2013 6th Annual Capitol City Challenge, Best Advocate
- 2014 Buffalo-Niagara Mock Trial Competition, Best Cross
- 2014 CALI Award for Academic Excellence in Trial Practice
- Honors Graduate of CSL Advanced Criminal Advocacy Program
- Over 340 hours of pro bono service
University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Greensboro, NC
- Bachelor of Arts, History
- GPA – 3.56
- Honors: Dean’s List
- American Academy of Attorneys Top 40 Under 40, 2018
- American Institute of Legal Advocates, Rising Star 2018
- State Bar of Texas, 2014
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- National College for DUI Defense
- American Chemical Society
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Fort Bend County Criminal Attorneys Association
- Montgomery County Criminal Lawyers Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Young Lawyers Association
"Chris DeNuna prides himself in learning first hand as an associate attorney of some of the foremost legal authorities in Texas DUI/DWI Defense. He will aggressively, passionately, and relentlessly fight for his clients."